Satyanarayana Biochemistry Book PDF FREE [Download]
Free Download Satyanarayana Biochemistry Book PDF for students of first year MBBS and medical students. This book PDF is written by U. Satyanarayana and U. Chakrapani and is published by ELSEVIER Publications. It covers all the important chapter-wise questions and answers of biochemistry. This book is highly recommended by many medical colleges and teachers. Read on to find more details and google drive link of the eBook.
Satyanarayana Biochemistry Book Description
There are many biochemistry textbooks in the market. Some of them are purely basic while others are applied, and there are very few books which cover both these aspects together. For this reason, the students learning biochemistry in their undergraduate courses have to depend on multiple books to acquire a sound knowledge of the subject.
This book, ‘Biochemistry’ is unique with a simultaneous and equal emphasis on basic and applied aspects of biochemistry. This textbook offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, comprehensively written to meet the curriculum requirements of undergraduate courses in medical, dental, pharmacy, life-sciences and other categories (agriculture, veterinary, etc.). This book has many versions and editions. We have provided the latest 7th edition PDF direct link. There is also a 6th edition and 5th edition of Satyanarayana Biochemistry Book PDF.
Latest Edition of the book is thoroughly revised and updated. The book is according to the syllabus of Medical Council of India.
|Title||Biochemistry by Satyanarayana|
|Author||U. Satyanarayan & U. Chakrapani|
|Edition||7th edition / latest edition|
Features of the Book
- Also known as Satyanarayan Biochem PDF, the book offers an integration of medical and pure sciences, and is comprehensively written, revised and updated to meet the curriculum requirements of Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Veterinary, Biotechnology, Agricultural Sciences, Life Sciences, and others studying Biochemistry as one of the subjects.
- It is the first text book on Biochemistry in English with multi-colour illustrations by an author from Asia. The use of multi colours is for a clearer understanding of the complicated biochemical reactions.
- It is written in a lucid style with the subject being presented as an engaging story growing from elementary information to the most recent advances, and with theoretical discussions being supplemented with illustrations, flowcharts, and tables for easy understanding of Biochemist
- It has each chapter beginning with a four-line verse followed by the text, biomedical concepts, a summary, and self-assessment exercises. The lively illustrations and text with appropriate headings and sub-headings in bold type faces facilitate reading path clarity and quick recall.
- It provides the most recent and essential information on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Diabetes, Cancer, Free Radicals, Free radicals and Antioxidants, Prostaglandins, etc.
- It describes a wide variety of case studies and biochemical correlations and several newer biomedical aspects- Metabolic syndrome, Therapeutic diets, Atkins diet, Trans fatty acids, Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics, Recombinant ribozymes, Membrane transport disorders, Pleural fluid etc.
- It contains the basics (Bioorganic and Biophysical Chemistry, Tools of Biochemistry, Immunology, and Genetics) for beginners to learn easily Biochemistry, origins of biochemical words, confusables in Biochemistry, principles of Practical Biochemistry, and Clinical Biochemistry Laboratory.
Contents of the Book
SECTION ONE: Chemical Constituents of Life
Chapter 1: Biomolecules and the cell
Chapter 2: Carbohydrates
Chapter 3: Lipids
Chapter 4: Proteins and amino acids
Chapter 5: Nucleic acids and nucleotides
Chapter 6: Enzymes
Chapter 7: Vitamins
SECTION TWO: Physiological Biochemistry
Chapter 8: Digestion and absorption
Chapter 9: Plasma proteins
Chapter 10: Hemoglobin and porphyrins
Chapter 11: Biological oxidation
SECTION THREE: Metabolisms
Chapter 12: Introduction to metabolism
Chapter 13: Metabolism of carbohydrates
Chapter 14: Metabolism of lipids
Chapter 15: Metabolism of amino acids
Chapter 16: Integration of metabolism0
Chapter 17: Metabolism of nucleotides
Chapter 18: Mineral metabolism
SECTION FOUR: Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition
Chapter 19: Hormones
Chapter 20: Organ function tests
Chapter 21: Water, electrolyte and acid-base balance
Chapter 22: Tissue proteins and body fluids
Chapter 23: Nutrition
SECTION FIVE: Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
Chapter 24: DNA-replication, recombination and repair
Chapter 25: Transcription and translation
Chapter 26: Regulation of gene expression
Chapter 27: Recombinant DNA and biotechnology
SECTION SIX: Current Topics
Chapter 28: Human genome project
Chapter 29: Gene therapy
Chapter 30: Bioinformatics
Chapter 31: Metabolism of xenobiotics (detoxification)
Chapter 32: Prostaglandins and related compounds
Chapter 33: Biological membranes and transport
Chapter 34: Free radicals and antioxidants
Chapter 35: Environmental biochemistry
Chapter 36: Insulin, glucose homeostasis, and diabetes mellitus
Chapter 37: Cancer
Chapter 38: Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
SECTION SEVEN: Basics to Learn Biochemistry
Chapter 39: Introduction to bioorganic chemistry
Chapter 40: Overview of biophysical chemistry
Chapter 41: Tools of biochemistry
Chapter 42: Immunology
Chapter 43: Genetics
Satyanarayana Biochemistry 7th edition PDF Free Download Link
Click on the Download Button below to start downloading Satyanarayana Biochemistry PDF eBook. It’s a direct Download Link. You will not be redirected to any other pages nor you will be asked to sign up anywhere. After clicking on the button, the book will instantly start downloading.
Buy on Amazon (Prefer physical book for better preparation)
Download PDF Here [Google Drive link]
Note- This book was neither created nor scanned by Mediconerds. We are simply giving links that are already available on the internet, to help the students.
Other Important Books
Apart from Biochemistry book, the author also has a Biotechnology book. Check out Biotechnology by Satyanarayana here.
✅ Also check out : DM Vasudevan Biochemistry PDF
Hope you like this ebook. Do share them with your friends and visit Mediconerds regularly for notes and opportunities.
Which is latest edition of Satyanarayana biochemistry?
Currently, the 7th edition is the latest and most updated version of the book. There is also a 5th and 6th edition.